Friday, August 22, 2014

Year Two...

This second year has had its ups and downs. I had my first labeled relationship, and I learned a lot!! I know that it didn't work out, but everything happens for a reason. Moving to the much heavier topic at hand this past holiday season I took a lot more heat from family members than I had in the past. I'm not sure that some of the comments were meant for me to hear but I did. I've definitely noticed a change within myself in dealing with these situations since my coming out. Its like I opened the closet door and with that I let my guard down. Coming into my own skin a loving myself took a giant step and every insult felt like a chip out of my new armor. I took a facebook comment particularly hard to deal with. It was on a picture of me and the guy I was dating at the time. I ended up having really bad dreams where the person who left the comment would end up killing me. Imagine waking up short of breath to the point of almost hyperventilating. It really hurt that my christmas season was ruined by a couple of bigots.

All in all this year presented some challenges that helped me to grow as a person, face my fears, and stand up for myself.

-tlrcorbin

No comments:

Post a Comment